1 post tagged Midwest oil spill
- Enbridge carries 318,000 barrels of oil per day
- Critical pipeline carries oil to U.S. markets, could cause price spike
- Two people killed, including a firefighter. Three reported injured.
- Estimates up to 20,000 barrels spilled
- Could be largest oil spill in US midwest after Kalamazoo last year by the same pipeline
- Company expects line to be back running late this week
- Here is a map of the Enbridge pipeline (in red)
UPDATE: Caused by a car accident between a Mustang and an SUV in a remote area. Enbridge calls the incident “an unusual occurrence.”
Obama needs to get tough on all oil pipelines— existing and proposed.